Stop smoking and improve the look of your skin - learn the simple steps to start making a difference now!
A common skin condition affecting many people is skin hyperpigmentation, also known as melasma.
There are over-the-counter medications and treatment options available in your local market.
Here are the top 8 home remedies for melasma:
Table of contents [Show]
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can naturally lighten your skin, kill germs and clean your pores.
Here's how to do it:
- Extract the juice from one fresh lemon.
- Apply it to the affected areas and gently rub it for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily, and you should see improvement within three weeks.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another highly acidic product. It can also be a powerful bleaching agent that can help to remove your spots and make your skin smooth and radiant.
Here's what to do:
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply this solution to the melasma spots and allow them to air dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin gently.
- Follow this remedy once daily.
Turmeric is a spice that can help your skin's level of melanin and fight melasma.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder with ten tablespoons of milk to make a paste. It is best to use whole milk, as it has lactic acid and calcium. Both help to get rid of dead skin and make your skin soft.
- Add one tablespoon of gram flour to thicken the mixture.
- Apply this paste evenly to the affected area.
- Allow 20 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. To see the best results from this mixture, use this treatment daily.
4. Onion juice
Another way to restore your skin's natural color is to use onion juice.
How to use an onion to feed your skin the best nutrients:
- Finely chop two to three onions.
- Please put it in a cheesecloth and squeeze it to extract the juice.
- Measure the onion juice and mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the mixture to the desired area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with warm water.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel can also help with hyperpigmentation and bring your skin back to its natural color.
How it works:
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract the fresh gel.
- Apply the gel thoroughly to the affected area and gently massage for one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Use this method twice daily for several weeks to restore your natural skin color.
Another natural ingredient found in your pantry is oatmeal. The course nature of oatmeal enables it to be a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin and brown spots, revealing a healthy, bright glow to your skin.
How to make your oatmeal exfoliant:
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, two tablespoons of milk, and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it to the affected area.
- Wait 20 minutes and use water to rub off the mixture.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel. Repeat two or three times per week for one month to repair your skin.
Almonds are another product found in your kitchen that can help your skin. Almonds are high in protein, which can help your skin become lighter.
How to do it:
- Mix one teaspoon of powdered almonds with enough honey to make a thick paste.
- Gently rub the paste onto the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat your face dry. Repeat this method three or four times per week until you see some improvement.
Another acceptable ingredient that helps treat melasma is horseradish because of its ability to bleach your skin.
How to do it:
Horseradish is another traditional treatment for melasma.
- Cut horseradish into slices and rub it directly on the affected skin.
- Allow the juice of the horseradish to dry on its own.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.